Re: RDFa DOM API - New Editor's Draft

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:42:19 +0200
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>

On May 30, 2010, at 24:08 , Toby Inkster wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 13:56:45 -0400
> Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree... Mark and I have been trying to find another name for
>> "Property Groups" for a few weeks now... here's what we've already
>> discussed, and rejected:
>>
>> Extendos
>> Web Objects
>> Dynamic Objects
>> Data Objects
>> Structured Data Containers
>
> Here are a few ideas:
>
> * Resource Objects
> * Resources
> * Web Resources
> * DataThings

I think the first issue is the clash with the term 'Property', so I would not even be shocked by a 'Predicate group' at the minimum. Not that this would be perfect either.

Looking at that list: I am not sure any of the combinations around the term 'Web objects' or Resources really express what this stuff is all about (well, for RDF heads the term 'Resource' is of course fine, but I do not think we should use that one association here). My preference at this moment goes for 'Data Objects' or 'Data Things'.