(unknown charset) Re: Potentials of the RDFa DOM API

From: (unknown charset) Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:32:47 +0100
To: (unknown charset) Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: (unknown charset) Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>, public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:19:49 +0200
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> it is also not 100% whether the community would accept and/or would
> be interested in having a standard RDF API. What language(s) (Java,
> Python, Javascript, etc)? What happens to the deployed applications
> of Jena vs. Sesame vs. Redland vs....? Etc, etc.

As far as having a standard common API for RDF in general, we already
do: Jena, Sesame and Redland already all provide SPARQL. Once SPARQL
Update is more standardised, that API will become read-write.

The RDFa DOM API is something different though, distinguishing itself
from existing RDF APIs by taking advantage of RDFa's embeddedness in
host languages, integrating with the existing API of the host language
(i.e. the HTML/XML DOM).

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>