Re: Potentials of the RDFa DOM API

Hi Niklas,

Yes, I think there is much that the RDFa Community can collaborate on
with you regarding the RDFa DOM API.

On 05/22/2010 08:05 AM, Niklas Lindström wrote:
> 1. Do you see the same potential as I do of a general API?

Yes, definitely.

> 2. Is it feasible to extract these non-DOM-intrinsic parts from the
> RDFa DOM API?

Yes. That said, we need to be very careful as we're chartered to create
an RDFa DOM API and we must stay focused on doing that. If, as a
side-effect, we create something that is easy to lift into another
specification - great.

> 2. Would it make sense to create a Working Group for such an API,
> decoupled from RDFa?

Perhaps... but again, it's a very long road to creating a Working Group
at the W3C. This may be a part of the RDF Next Steps workshop that is
going to be happening this summer.

> Finally, will anybody working with the RDFa DOM API participate in the
> RDF Next Steps workshop [7]?

Ivan is going to be there, I think.

How would you like to proceed, Niklas?

You could start by giving us a review on the RDFa DOM API (after we do a
FPWD in the coming weeks). For example, you could let us know your take
on what could be split out. Or, provide an implementation in another
language to see how many of the concepts carry over to another language.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.2.2 - Good Relations and Ditching Apache+PHP
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/05/06/bitmunk-3-2-2/2/