Re: On ISSUE-6 (invalid values in @datatypes cause plain literals to be generated)

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:02:02 +0100
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi Toby,

> There seem to be very few use cases where relative references in
> @property, @rel, @rev, @datatype or @typeof would come in handy.

Right -- it would imply that a document both defines some values, and
then consumes them.

The only example I've ever been able to come up with where that is
likely, is when defining an OWL ontology; you can use properties
defined in the ontology to specify features of the ontology itself.

But frankly, anyone who is doing that will be more than capable of
defining their own CURIEs or using absolute URIs!

I've yet to hear anyone mention any other use-case, so it sounds like
the consensus is that we can live without relative paths in RDFa
attributes.

Regards,

Mark

--