Test 0123 now incompatible with RDFa 1.1

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 17:44:35 -0400
To: "public-rdfa-wg@w3.org" <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Section 7.5 item 4 indicates that prefixes, whether from @prefix or @xmlns, MUST be converted to lower case. However, XML namespace prefixes are case-sensitive. Test 0123 checks to ensure that this case sensitivity is retained in namespace mappings. I presume that this test is obsoleted by RDFa 1.1, and it's okay to break these dependencies (which were discouraged anyway).

This creates a backwards-comability issue with RDFa 1.0, where prefixes are case sensitive.

I'd suggest the following:

 *   Prefixes established through either @prefix or @profile MUST be mapped to lower case
 *   Prefixes established through @xmlns MUST remain case sensitive, unless specifically indicated otherwise by the Host language. Implementers SHOULD NOT use case-sensitive prefixes.
 *   CUIRE and QName processing MUST first attempt to find a case-sensitive prefix mapping and fall-back to using lower-case if a mixed-case mapping is not found, also as indicated by the Host language.

Or, we just decide to be incompatible on this issue and universally require that all prefixes be case-insensitive.

Gregg