Re: Handling @profile

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 17:33:32 -0400
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
CC: "public-rdfa-wg@w3.org" <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On May 2, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Shane McCarron wrote:

> Oh.... ick.  Thanks for pointing this out.  And yes, implementations
> should detect profiles that have already been processed and not process
> them again.  But the spec should say this.
Note that if I wait until after I've processed it, I'll still be in the same loop, as I cannot complete processing until I've parsed the document, which causes the recursion.

The bone-head fix I added was to not parse a vocabulary equivalent to the base URL of the document being parsed. A better fix is to create a cache entry on entry, and check this when looking at a profile to avoid reentry. A separate step would be to pre-populate this cache from well-known vocabularies, which I would leave out during testing.