Re: @vocab

Hello Sebastian,

On 24/03/2010 17:07, Sebastian Heath wrote:
>   I am concerned about how any rdfa tokenizing mechanism will overlap
> with the mechanism for defining new @rel values in HTML5. To be sure,
> this is one of the weirder parts of the standard. Anybody can stick
> anything  http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions and it's a
> candidate for being an official @rel value.

Indeed anybody can but its not as easy as you suggest to have one of
those rel-values status changed to Accepted, It does say at the bottom
of that page ....

"For the "Status" section to be changed to "Accepted", the proposed
keyword must either have been through the Microformats process, and been
approved by the Microformats community; or must be defined by a W3C
specification in the Candidate Recommendation or Recommendation state.
If it fails to go through this process, it is "Rejected". "

I am happy enough with that philosophy.

In any case I think RDFa 1.1 should only accept those rel-values marked
as Accepted, and resolve them to http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#
with the exception of XFN values which should be resolved to
http://gmpg.org/xfn/11#.

> How are parsers going to
> keep up with that? Let alone distinguish between those values and
> default values. FYI, this is discussed at section 4.12.3.19 of
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/interactive-elements.html .

I think RDFa 1.1 should also accept the values defined at
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/interactive-elements.html#linkTypes
and resolve them all the way RDFa currently does, although that being
said... I must say maybe RDFa1.1 should be thinking about maybe
explicitly excluding some rel-values as not useful such as, "prefetch",
"stylesheet", "nofollow" , "noreferrer", "sidebar", "external" and
"icon".  I certainly would like a way of excluding certain undesirable
triples, but that may be just me ;)

> Or am I
> misunderstanding something here?

no you are not misunderstanding anything the "details" have not been
decided yet.

Best wishes.

--
Martin McEvoy