Re: @vocab

On 2010-3-24 13:07 , Sebastian Heath wrote:

> [skip]
>  I am concerned about how any rdfa tokenizing mechanism will overlap
> with the mechanism for defining new @rel values in HTML5. To be sure,
> this is one of the weirder parts of the standard. Anybody can stick
> anything  http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions and it's a
> candidate for being an official @rel value. How are parsers going to
> keep up with that? Let alone distinguish between those values and
> default values. FYI, this is discussed at section 4.12.3.19 of
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/interactive-elements.html . Or am I
> misunderstanding something here?

As far as I could see you are not misunderstanding this. And I am not
100% sure how we would handle that. The mechanism that does come to my
mind is a hack. Indeed, let us consider we have defined some sort of a
keyword mechanism via, say, the @profile attribute. I could then imagine
setting up a process somewhere that regularly looks a the RelExtensions,
would somehow scrape that page, and produce a @profile files according
to the syntax that we would define. The URI for that generated @profile
would be well-known and could then be used by HTML5+RDFa authors.

Just my 2 cents...

Ivan

FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf