Re: ISSUE-1 Proposal: RDFa Profiles via @map

For my understanding...

1. The @map attribute would be a 'local' version of what we discussed
until now on profiles. Ie, I may not be forced to put everything into a
separate file; some sort of an @xmlns on steroids.

I see value in that

2. But to use the same attributes in the vocabulary file... I do not
really like that. It is really confusing for me. If I have a file

blabla.html

that is an RDFa file which uses the @map then

- if I process this file through an RDFa processor, it leads to a bunch
of triples
- if I process the very same file through an RDFa processor but via a
@profile attribute then I have a totally different interpretation of the
attributes: I do not look for RDF triple any more but have to have a
separate XML parsing looking for the @map attributes an interpret the
values for the 'invoking' RDFa data. I find it very confusing.

I also do not see what it brings us compared to what we have.

Ivan

FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf