Re: Proposal for ISSUE-11: Default prefix declarations

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:01:20 -0800
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
CC: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On 3/3/10 9:46 AM, Mark Birbeck wrote:
> I'll end by saying that this last point is why I don't like the idea
> of default mappings

+1. I think we have to be careful not to have too much "magic" in RDFa.
RDFa 1.0 is very simple to parse. RDFa 1.1 is gaining a number of
pro-author features, but we should strive to not make parsing full of
exceptions as a result.

I'm assuming we're going with full backwards compatibility, too, right?
Meaning that xmlns:dc="..." will always override whatever default we
have, with or without @profile?

-Ben