Re: attempting to merge the 'vocab' and 'profile' documents

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:16:25 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi Ivan,

> @profile was used but on the side, so to say, and as an optional feature
> that did not really influence RDFa processing. We would suddenly pick it
> up make it an essential feature of RDFa 1.1 just when the HTML WG
> decides to drop it... And we would give it a special semantics, although
> many people would believe this is the same old @profile and would use it
> for different things...

Quick thing...I've really tried *not* to give @profile "special
semantics". In my blog-post I tried to stress the idea of the profile
URI being a key, which is consistent with the HTML 4.01 definition.

The discussion we're having about what that key can be used for is of
course RDFa-specific, but at that point we're into processing not
syntax.

Regards,

Mark

--