Re: Proposal for ISSUE-11: Default prefix declarations

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:23:21 -0500
To: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On 02/28/2010 10:58 PM, Shane McCarron wrote:
> +1.  The only risk I see associated with this proposal is that people
> might assume that some prefix is pre-declared when in fact it is not
> (e.g., my favorite vocab is skiing: - that MUST be in there).

True.

Also, I don't know if we want to put a proviso in the spec that states
that default URI mappings will never change. Placing such a proviso in
there could be an issue with vocabularies like Dublin Core, that have
changed their URL from:

http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/

http://purl.org/dc/terms/

but ensured the vocabulary was backwards-compatible.

Maybe we could say that default URI mappings will always map to the most
recent version of a vocabulary, or a backwards-compatible implementation
of a vocabulary? This could protect future versions of RDFa from
vocabulary rot or implosions of large companies (like Google or Yahoo or
Lehman Brothers).

blog: PaySwarming Goes Open Source
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/02/01/bitmunk-payswarming/