On ISSUE-26 : RDFa Error vocabulary

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:59:09 +0200
To: W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Tracker, this closes ACTION-33

As agreed, I have created a first stab at the error vocabulary, see

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/wiki/Error_vocabulary

I looked at EARL, as Mark suggested, but the EARL vocabulary is really geared at testing. I do not think it is appropriate.

I was also wondering how to put a reference to the problematic (DOM) node into the error message, but I do not really know how. It is of course possible to mint an XPATH URI for that, but that would be quite a load on implementers, so I would prefer not to do that. Otherwise the only thing we could do is to add a string with the node name, but that is hardly informative enough. There is a rdfs:comment field whose content is undefined, applications may find better tricks for that...

At the moment, I have defined only one Error class, for the @profile issue. Shane has just referred to some others related to the CURIE/relative URI discussion that should be added, too.

Thoughts?

Cheers