Re: Fragments in <base href>

Hi Shane,

I didn't quite follow...are you saying that RFC 3986 doesn't address
the 'fragment on the end of a URL issue'?

If so, I'd say it does -- it's the algorithm in section 5 of RFC 3986
that removes the fragment identifier.

The algorithm describes how to create an absolute path when you have a
relative path, and an absolute path to base it on. You'll see in the
algorithm that if the absolute path has a fragment identifier it gets
dropped, because it doesn't get 'added back' when reconstructing the
combined URI.

The first part of the following email also discusses the RFC and some
related issues:

  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa/2009Apr/0000.html>

Regards,

Mark