RDFa API Questions and Comments

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 03:24:31 +0100
To: RDFA Working Group <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi All,

Great effort with the RDFa API thus far, looks extremely useful!

First, to perhaps contribute something (if it hasn't already been
suggested in the archives).

I noted under future discussion, the following point:
   'A mechanism to load and process triples from remote documents.'

The RDFa API currently provides the following method:
   parser.parse( document );

And XHR [1] has the following attribute:
   xhr.responseXML

which returns a 'Document'

So this may already be covered for any mediatype which is text/xml,
application/xml or ends in +xml.

Outside of this there is the DOMImplementation.createDocument method,
but I'm unsure how you could turn the XHR.responseText in to a Document
(surely there must be a way??)

Questions:

1: how do you get all data (triples)?
( read this as, please consider adding a DataStore.getAll() method )

2: merging stores?
given the following example:

var rdfa = document.data.createParser("rdfa", document.data.createStore() );
rdfa.parse();
var hcard = document.data.createParser("hCard",
document.data.createStore() );
hcard.parse();

then rdfa.store will hold all the rdfa data, and hcard.store will hold
all the hcard data. (?) how would one merge all the data from the two
stores in to a single new one?

( read as, is there scope for a DataStore.addStore( DataStore ) - which
would work with return from DataStore.filter() and give a nice amount of
functionality ).

Best,

Nathan