Re: RDFa DOM API - New Editor's Draft (regarding DataIterator)

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:36:29 +0100
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: benjamin.adrian@dfki.de, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi Ivan,

> I certainly prefer this approach to the current one.

Same here. I should have suggested this before, since this is actually
how my RDFa library is implemented.

> I still have a certain unease of having, in effect, a mechanism to completely bypass
> (if wanted) our document-store model but I understand the need for that in some cases
> (I had a chat with Manu yesterday who was giving me use cases). So it is fine.

I think it's fair enough to be concerned.

Perhaps one way to come at this would be to have different scenarios
or 'profiles' that an implementation can choose to conform to? At
least that way we can ensure that all implementations of a certain
type expose the same interfaces. (E.g., browser implementations might
all adopt 'profile x', which requires a default store, and that
parsing has already been completed on document load, etc.)

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane