Re: Updating RDFa Core

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:28:22 -0500
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
CC: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
I have a followup question for those of you who are clearly smarter than
I am about RDF and ontologies...

Gregg suggested:

>> The editor markup can be simplified by removing all BNode definitions
>> (using typeof to create a BNode) as shown in the following:
>>
>>     <dl>
>>     <dd rel="bibo:editor">
>>     <a rel="foaf:workplaceHomepage"
>>     href="http://creativecommons.org">Creative Commons</a>
>>     <a rel="foaf:mbox" href="mailto:ben@adida.net">ben@adida.net
>>     <mailto:ben@adida.net></a>
>>     </dd>

In ReSpec.js the same code that emits this structure also emits
structures for the 'Authors' section of a W3C spec.  An Author is
someone who writes content but is not responsible for overall structure
or consistency (an editor).  Anyway... I don't feel bibo:editor is the
right term for such a person.  bibo:author doesn't exist as far as I can
tell, and I don't see any other terms in [1] that I like for this.  Can
anyone suggest the right thing?  For now, the Authors section just
doesn't have any RDFa emitted, but that's no fun!

[1] http://bibotools.googlecode.com/svn/bibo-ontology/trunk/doc/index.html