Re: ISSUE-15 PROPOSAL: @version attribute in HTML5

On Jul 8, 2010, at 06:35 , Manu Sporny wrote:
[snip]

> We have a couple of options in front of us, that could be combined:
>
> 1. Keep everything as it is right now, ignoring the polyglot
>   ramifications of the decision.
> 2. Harmonize the HTML5+RDFa and XHTML5+RDFa @version strings.
> 3. Specify that @version SHOULD NOT be used unless an author
>   would like to force the RDFa Processor into a particular mode.
>
> I think that we should do #2 and #3:
>
> We should harmonize HTML5+RDFa and XHTML5+RDFa @version strings to:
>   version="HTML+RDFa 1.1"
>
> We should specify that @version SHOULD NOT be used unless an author
> would like to force the RDFa Processor into a particular mode. If
> @version is not specified, the RDFa Processor should assume the latest
> REC version (which will be RDFa 1.1 for the foreseeable future).

What worries me in this formulation is that this sounds like RDFa processor are supposed to maintain an 1.0 as well as an 1.1 version. Do we really require that? At the moment, my experimental distiller is certainly RDFa 1.1, and I do not have any internal branch that would disallow @profile and such...

Ivan