Introduction

From: <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:25:03 -0500
To: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
Hi -- I'm Rob Weir up in Westford, Massachusetts.  I work for IBM.

I must confess that I am not a semantic web theoretician.  But I was
attracted to the item in the WG charter related to specifying RDFa for
other host languages, beyond (X)HTML.  I'm particularly interested in the
possibilities with respect to OpenDocument Format. (I'm co-Chair of the
OASIS ODF Technical Committee).  As you may know, we have some initial
RDFa support in our ODF 1.2 revision, now under public review.

I'm eager to help two things happen:

1) Harmonization in this area, so that the next revision of ODF converges
on RDFa 1.1, and is an exemplary implementation of an RDFa host language.

2) More generally, to promote semantic interoperability between
office-documents and web-documents.  I think convergence on RDFa gives
some exciting opportunities, for example with sharing annotated content
between browsers and document editors.

Regards,

-Rob