ISSUE-14 (alternate prefix declaration mechanism): Determine if another attribute should be created to declare prefix mappings [RDFa 1.1 Core]

From: RDFa Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 01:08:51 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-14 (alternate prefix declaration mechanism): Determine if another attribute should be created to declare prefix mappings [RDFa 1.1 Core]

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/14

Raised by: Manu Sporny
On product: RDFa 1.1 Core

One of the biggest arguments against RDFa is its use of xmlns: - some have argued that we should attempt to find an alternate prefix declaration mechanism. @prefix and @token have been mentioned several times and reaction was largely positive, but mixed. We should generate a proposal to see if we can transition away from xmlns:

More in this thread:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Dec/0035.html