Re: How are default profiles normatively established?

On 8/24/2010 7:35 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> I apologize, I expressed myself poorly. I agree with the above. But my
> question was this. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that
> HTML5+RDFa had a default term mapping that maps, say, “term”, “prefix”
> and “vocab” to their respective URIs in the RDFa vocabulary (rdfa:term
> etc).
>
> Now let's say we process an RDFa document (whatever the host language)
> that contains a @profile reference. The profile document is an
> HTML5+RDFa document. When processing that HTML5+RDFa document, would
> the term mappings for “term”, “prefix” and “vocab” be in effect?
>
> The exception at the end of the RDFa Profiles section made this a bit
> ambiguous, because it stated that only one “level” of profiles are
> possible. But as per your other email, you are considering to drop
> that exception, and that would my question moot.

I think your confusion lies in your belief that only one "level" of
profiles is possible...  That's not what the text is meant to believe.
Profiles can reference other profiles, and those profiles could
reference still other profiles.  That's fine.  The point of this clause
is that only the triples from the RDFa Profiles referenced from the
document being processed effect *that* document.  If there are profiles
referenced in an RDFa Profile document that is being parsed, those
profiles would effect *that* document, etc.

Hope this helps.