Re: XHTML+RDFa DTD UA support (Was: Getting the XHTML+RDFa default profile to be interesting)

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:29:30 +0200
To: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Leif Halvard Silli, Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:22:52 +0200:

> I think the RDFa working group should take such things into
> consideration - some options:
>
> * If the browsers actually used out there are not supporting the
> XHTML+RDFa DTD, then it is perhaps smart to recommend to serve such
> documents with standalone="yes" - until there is such support.
> * One should file bugs to make the browsers support these DTDs
> * One possibly is to define DTDs which is more Polyglot Markup
> compatible
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/html-polyglot/
>   That is, to somehow offer DTDs without named entity support.

I forgot to mention:

* One should, anyhow and since XHTML+RDFa is a recommended spec, try go
get XHTML+RDFa mentioned on the W3 page which lists recommended
DOCTYPEs. (After all, HTML5 is already there ...)
  http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html
--
leif halvard silli