Re: RDFa API - uniting bnode, uri and projected objects

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 01:46:06 -0400
Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> First thing that pops to mind is that this will be quite the CPU hog
> to implement. Note that the 'properties' attribute has to be built for
> /every/ triple extracted from the document.

Not for every triple; only for every resource (i.e. blank nodes and
URIs).

Some languages would allow the properties attribute to be built
on-the-fly when it's first accessed, so no need to pre-emptively do so
for all resources. Javascript is obviously an important target language
for the API; I'm not sure if this on-demand building of the attribute
is possible there.

An alternative would be to provide a method instead. This would be
conceptually similar, though syntactically slightly different. Instead
of:

	joe = new URI("#me");
	print(joe[rdfa.foaf.name]);

you'd use: