Re: @profile in XHTML+RDFa 1.1

Hi Toby,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:31:04 +0100
> Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty certain it was you who spotted that if you did this:

>> or this:
>>
>>   <head typeof="foaf:Document">
>>
>> you would end up with a bnode as the subject of all of the triples in
>> the head.
>
> Currently, the former example *does* create a bnode, and the latter one
> does not.

Yes...definitely.

That's why I was referring to the "subject of all the triples in the
head"; having a default value for @about effectively creates a 'gate'
on the head element, and it doesn't matter what happens on <html>.

(For example, you could also put an @about on <html>, and the subject
for all statements in <head> and <body> would still be the current
document.)

> Here's an interesting one:

>              property="dc:creator" content="Joe Bloggs">
>          <title property="dc:title">Foo</title>
>
> Parsed as HTML (which automatically implies missing <head> and <body>
> elements), it produces:
>
>        _:blank a foaf:Document ;
>                dc:creator "Joe Bloggs" .
>        <> dc:title "Foo" .
>
> Because the missing <head> element is implied as a wrapper for <title>,
> and the RDFa processing sequence implies about="" on it.
>
> But parsed as XHTML, it generates:
>
>        _:blank a foaf:Document ;
>                dc:creator "Joe Bloggs" ;
>                dc:title "Foo" .

I think if it was ever in doubt (which it probably wasn't), with this
example you have sealed it -- you are now officially the resident
'edge-cases and quirks' expert. :)

Regards,

Mark

--