Re: A couple of XMLLiteral-related questions.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:19:31 +0200
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> So the question is: do all xml parsers retain the comments in the
> resulting DOM tree? Is that specified? Because if this is left
> unspecified by XML (I must admit I did not check) and/or if widely
> used XML toolsets remove the comments, then we should not prescribe
> this behavior and leave it open.

If some XML toolsets remove comments from the resultant tree, I don't
think that's an argument in favour of leaving it unspecified. Rather
it's an argument in favour of saying that all RDFa processors MUST
ignore comments regardless of whether their XML toolkit exposes them.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>