Re: ISSUE-21: It will be hard to tell where a prefix comes from

On 04/08/10 14:10, Toby Inkster wrote:
> However, if the profile document returns a 404,

If the document returns a 404, then IMHO, we need to signal the
consuming application via the RDFa Processor that a profile document
failed to be retrieved, and then give it the option of stopping or
continuing processing of the document.

> then it results in:
>
>  _:x a <foaf:Person> .
>  _:x <foaf:name> "Joe Bloggs" .
>  _:x <http://example.com/foo> "Bar" .
>
> i.e. the prefix "foaf:" is treated as a URI scheme, not a CURIE prefix.

Hey, looking at this again - it's not that bad, is it? I mean, if we
have <foaf:Person> - the likely hood that it's a URI (today) is almost
next to none.

A post-processing application could come through and expand all
non-standard URIs, like foaf:Person, to the "proper" foaf URI. Even
better, we generate those triples into a separate "resolve this later"
graph and store the active @profile values with the triples that are
generated.

Yes, that's ugly and not ideal- but I had not noticed that this
accomplishes effectively what others have been asking for - allow
deferred resolution of invalid triples.

I think that the main thing to keep in mind is that we can detect when
the parsing goes sour - it's very deterministic.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarming Goes Open Source
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/02/01/bitmunk-payswarming/