Re: @href and @src in RDFa 1.1 Core (Re: Editor's Drafts Updated)

Hi Shane,

I guess we both understand one another's view and we share the concerns. But I am not yet ready to give in...:-) I would like to explore what it would mean to make a cleaner separation and whether this could be defined somewhat more easily. Ideally, I would like to be able to define that through some configuration file that could be managed by an RDFa processor automatically.

I see three issues today which are XHTML specific and which are still part of the Core or are undecided:

- pulling in an earlier discussion, terms in XHTML should be case insensitive. Actually, I just realized that extending the current RDF data with a boolean value saying that certain terms are case sensitive or not can be done fairly easily

[ rdfa:uri ".....#next"; rdfa:term "next"; rdfa:caseInsensitive true ]

If we use the @profile mechanism, that could work, the implementation is easy, and other vocabularies may make use of it if they want.

- the @href/@src issue of this thread. You just said it: these attributes are aliases. So if there is a description that says @src is an alias of @about and @href is an alias of @resource, than the generic processing step can be described by saying in, say, point 7 second item "by using the URI from any alias of @about defined for a language, if present..."

- the exceptional usage of head and body in the processing steps. Actually, that what bothers me the most because it does disturb the logical flow of managing a DOM tree. I would really prefer to move that out into the XHTML document...

Ivan