Re: (proposal) was Re: defn of Named Graph

From: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:56:46 +0100
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
Overall, a discussion note would be good.

On 26/09/13 20:02, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> We have two levels of specs, right?  There are the ones that are
> thoroughly reviewed and proven to be implentable, which we call
> Recommendations.

The terminology "named graph" is in use in RECs and RECs-to-be.
Redefining terminology might be appealing in the short term but I feel
only leads to confusion long term.

rdf-11-concepts:
"""
Each named graph is a pair consisting of an IRI or a blank node (the
graph name), and an RDF graph.
"""

and in JSON-LD (sec 7, Data Model)
and in SPARQL (sec 12.1.2)