question about Trig spec

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:36:31 -0400
To: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
None of these are show stoppers, but I'd like to understand....

- Why are we using application/trig instead of text/trig (since Turtle
is text/turtle)   (I guess maybe we decided the IETF process was too
difficult with the text tree?  Or it's too annoying to include the
charset="utf-8" ever time?)

- What is the justification for grammar note 9?   I see Turtle has the
same problem.   Why can't we just say "@prefix" and "@base" are language
tags when they occur as such in the grammar?    Of course it would have
to be special cased with traditional parser generators, but it doesn't
seem like it'd be hard.  (I guess we went back on forth on this and gave
up in disgust?)

- is it a bug that the grammar says (blankNodePropertyList | collection)
can preceed { } but not if GRAPH is used?  How about getting rid of
triples2 and instead change labelOrSubject to include alternatives
blankNodePropertyList and collection?    I don't have a working
grammar-driven-parser right now, so maybe I'm doing that wrong in my head.

Thanks.

        -- Sandro