Re: proposal: "box datasets" (sandro's dataset spec, v0.1)

Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
>" Even though "1.0"^^xs:double "1.00"^^xs:double denote the same thing,
>they are not the same RDF term, so the triple { :a :b 1.0 } is not the
>same
>triple as { :a :b 1.00 }.  Since they are not the same triple, the
>datasets
>which say they are each what is contained by :g1 cannot both be true.
>(See "Literal Term Equality" in RDF 1.1 Concepts.)"
>
>Do you have a corresponding notion of exact graph matching that works
>with
>bnodes too? Is it needed?

It's not needed.   A bnode is the same term as itself and a different term than every other term.   I believe that's clear from RDF 1.1 Concepts.

>Does this intuitive 'contains' mean 'contains right now', 'contains
>last
>time I looked', or something else?

I talk about that a bit under dereference, but the basic answer is it's the same as everything else in RDF.   That is, formally it means for all time, but in practice it means for some contexts (eg some points in time) determined out-of-band.

Future work item for RDF is to understand that context stuff better.   In particular to understand how to get from here to there practically.   ISWC workshop maybe?

    - Sandro