Re: New edit of RDF Semantics. (was: Re: Unable to make changes using Mercurial)

Yes, many thanks to you and Robin for find this, and all those bugs are now fixed, at least in my local copy. BUT now I am back stuck unable to push my changes, because

"hg push --new-branch default
warning: dvcs.w3.org certificate with fingerprint 97:4c:0e:c5:2e:95:74:5e:c7:fa:ed:07:3f:97:ab:ea:80:7a:be:7c not verified (check hostfingerprints or web.cacerts config setting)
abort: push creates new remote head 0122b0cefba2!
(you should pull and merge or use push -f to force)
pushing to https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/
searching for changes
Completed with errors, see above"

What the hell is it talking about?? None of this makes the slightest sense. What does it mean, I should pull? I am working on the SAME FILE. Nobody else is making any changes to it. What am I supposed to be merging it with??

I only just made a completely new Repository LAST NIGHT. Do I have to do that all again? And re-do my edits on the new copy, all over again??

TO hell with Mercurial and the RDF WG and the ENTIRE BLOODY W3C. I have better things to do with my time than spend hours EVERY BLOODY DAY wrestling with incomprehensible software whose only purpose is to prevent me doing a simple file transfer and which emits completely opaque error messages for no visible reason.

Pat

On Oct 24, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:

>> On Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:18 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>> The latest edit (which still needs one more reference added to the
>>> group bibliography) is now at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-
>>> file/default/rdf-mt/index.html. It is still ED rather than CR, but I
>>> think I can handle that edit now.
>>>
>>> BTW, not that it really matters, but there are a bunch of ReSpec
>>> warnings in this of the form
>>> "Found linkless <a> element with text '' but no matching <dfn>"  I have
>>> no idea what causes this, because I can't find any such <a> elements.
>>> Apparently they would have to have an empty content (?)
>
> Robin had a look at your draft and found the reason for these warnings.
> Apparently, you are using a deprecated feature:
>
> On Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:38 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> For the MT draft, you have a lot of <a id="rdfssemcond3"></a>, which is
>> just wrong. The old way of adding anchors was to use <a name>, and this
> has
>> indeed been supplanted by using id. But the ID isn't expected to go on the
>> a element (since it's useless) but rather on the parent element (or any
>> element, really).
>> If you fix those, you will bring the number of issues down to just two,
> which
>> are simply linking errors.
>
> I hope this helps two fix those errors.
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)