Re: reified statements in Turtle

On Oct 16, 2013, at 13:21 , Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org> wrote:

> Thanks Ivan for the confirmation.
>

> PROPOSED REPLY:
>
>>> Dear Joe,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry to say that for the reasons
>>> below, the RDF WG has decided not to develop a shorthand syntax for
>>> reified statements in Turtle:
>>>
>>> There are no existing proposals.

Well, do not call for the guy coming in with a proposal and thereby invalidating your argument:-); better leave it out. I think the major argument is the next sentence:

>>> The Turtle REC will reflect current
>>> practice in existing Turtle parsers/serializers, except where the
>>> language is evolving to towards compatibility with SPARQL.
>>>
>>> The community is mostly using named graphs to address the use cases
>>> for which reification was intended.
>>>
>>> The RDF WG is almost at the end of its charter. Any changes at all
>>> would make if difficult to publish a Recommendation before the WG
>>> closes. A re-design of the language to enable reification would
>>> likely take a long time.

I am not sure this last paragraph is necessary. Not even relevant: I do not believe the WG would work on a specific reification syntax even if it had the time.

Ivan