Re: status RDF Primer

On 13-11-13 19:25, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 11/13/13 9:10 AM, Guus Schreiber wrote:
>>
>> Yves and I have made quite some progress on the Primer (see the
>> Editor's Draft [1]). I expect we will have first version for WG review
>> by Friday. I cannot attend the telecon today, but maybe we can already
>> look for reviewers.
>>
>> Guus
>>
>> PS Apologies, but due to the Primer work I haven't been able to
>> complete my action about reviewing Antoine's note.
>>
>> [1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-primer/index.html#
>>

> Is it possible for the following to be presented modulo use of namespace
> prefixes?
>
> EXAMPLE 3
> 01    @base <http://example.org/> .
> 02    @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
> 03    @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
> 04    @prefix schema: <http://schema.org/> .
> 05    @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
> 06    @prefix wd: <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/> .
> 07
> 08    <bob#me>
> 09        a foaf:Person ;
> 10        foaf:knows <alice#me> ;
> 11        schema:birthDate "1990-07-04"^^xsd:date ;
> 12        foaf:topic_interest wd:Q12418 .
> 13
> 14    <http://viaf.org/viaf/24604287/>
> 15        a foaf:Person ;
> 16        foaf:name "Leonardo da Vinci" .
> 17
> 18    wd:Q12418
> 19        dcterms:creator <http://viaf.org/viaf/24604287/> .
> 20
> 21
> <http://data.europeana.eu/item/04802/243FA8618938F4117025F17A8B813C5F9AA4D61set>
>
> 22        dcterms:subject wd:Q12418 .
>
> Yes, I know the historic assumption is that prefixes alleviate
> verbosity, but in my experience that isn't actually true i.e., the
> aesthetic pursuit actually impedes comprehension.

Kingsley,

Thanks for your comment, and also for providing an alternative example!

It is probably a matter of personal taste or aesthetics, but I for
myself find the version with prefixes easier to comprehend. What I
suggest to do for now it is to mark this up in the document as a
potential change and ask feedback. Hope that's OK with you.

Guus