RE: Resolutions for features at risk [JSON-LD]

On Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:00 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > {
> >    "@context": {
> >      "@vocab": "http://schema.org/"
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > [...]
>
> Wouldn't this cause all the values of object properties to be read as
> strings instead of IRIs?
>
> Perhaps there's something I'm missing in how schema.org is designed.
>
> I'd be a bit more work, but I think it'd make sense to have the object
> properties flag their values as links.

Yes, unless the @id construct is used to express IRIs. I agree that it would
make sense to type-coerce object properties to @id but the most important
thing at this point in time is to have some context hosted at
http://schema.org. Keeping it as simple as possible will, IMO, greatly
increase the chances that that happens. Since the context is referenced, we
can improve it later without problems.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler