Re: Keeping PrEfIx and BaSe Proposals

On 05/29/2013 12:29 PM, Gavin Carothers wrote:
> Turtle Proposals

Thanks for bringing these up.

> 1. Keywords should all have the same case rules. @prefix, @base and a
> should allow for upper-casing

+1

> 2. Directives should all have optional trailing periods.

+0.75.   I think this is right long term, but this un-aligns things from
SPARQL until/unless SPARQL does the same.   If we do this, I'd advocate
outreach to SPARQL folks suggesting they do the same

> 3. Turtle should include examples of both forms of PREFIX @prefix
> directives.

+1

I'd really like an explanation that the @-form is older and the
non-@-non-dot-form is what SPARQL uses.

> 4. Turtle serializes SHOULD output directives using the '@' notation
> with trailing periods.

-0.25    Do we have any other SHOULDs about serializers?     I figure
that'll sort out in the pretty-printer market.

(plus, of course, I prefer the opposite advice.)

> If there are no loud objections to these changes, will update the
> document accordingly.
>
> Example grammar change from gkellog:
>
> [4] prefixID ::= '@'? [Pp][Rr][Ee][Ff][Ii][Xx] PNAME_NS IRIREF "."?
> [5] base ::= '@'? [Bb][Aa][Ss][Ee] IRIREF "."?