RE: slides for "What's New in RDF 1.1"

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 00:05:28 -0700
To: "'W3C RDF WG'" <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Hi Sandro,

On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:17 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Here are my slides for SemTech in two weeks.   I'd very much appreciate
> corrections.

You might wanna include a reference to the context in the first example on
slide 12 (not sure, depends on how you present it):

{
  "@context": "/ctx/context.jsonld",
  "@id": "http://www.w3.org/People/EM/contact#me",
  "fullName": "Eric Miller",
  "mailbox": "mailto:em@w3.org",
  "personalTitle": "Dr."
}

You may also want to simplify the context to something like this (as the
audience knows what prefixes are at that point):

"@context": {
  "pim": "http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/contact#",
  "fullName": "pim:fullName",
  "mailbox": { "@id": "pim:mailbox", "@type": "@id" },
  "personalTitle": "pim:personalTitle"
}

or even

"@context": {
  "@vocab": "http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/contact#",
  "mailbox": { "@type": "@id" }
}

.. but that may go too far.

On slide 14 you could mention Google which is doing just that with Gmail
now: http://bit.ly/gmail-jsonld

Hope this helps,
Markus

--