Re: bad language tags

No, with the @ it would be an error.

> See sec 2.7, Example 8 of the RDF/XML spec and the links to the example8
> files.
>
> and it links to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-lang-tag
>
>> or JSON-LD.
>
> All I can see is "Languages codes are defined in [BCP47]."  Link please.

Same, I was talking about the @ version of the tag. Each syntax has its
own way of indicating a language tag, even allowing upper case, but this
does not mean that a language tag in the abstract syntax has to allow
all forms existing in concrete syntaxes.

>> One could imagine a syntax where en-US is a
>> syntax error.
>
> A parser produces a graph.  The Turtle spec (sec 7) does not say
> anything about changing the characters of LANGTAG.
>
> Let's conduct a survey:
>
> How many existing systems treat this
>
> ---------------
> <http://example/s> <http://example/p> "xyz"@en .
> <http://example/s> <http://example/p> "xyz"@EN .
> ---------------
> as one triple or as two triples aside from whether they treat the graphs
> as equivalent.

Well, what does the N-triples spec says? I would like it to say that
"xyz"@en and "xyz"@EN both correspond to the language-tagged string that
has "en" as its language tag.

The other solution is to do what you just proposed in your recent
emails, which is to distinguish between equality and equivalence of
language tags in Concepts, and reflect the change in the other
documents. I prefer keeping the concepts as they are and adding a
sentence to the concrete syntaxes, to clarify that what they do allow
isn't contradicting concepts.

--
Antoine Zimmermann
ISCOD / LSTI - Institut Henri Fayol