RE: review of json-ld-syntax

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 19:20:34 +0100
To: "'Andy Seaborne'" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Cc: <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Friday, March 08, 2013 9:59 PM, Andy Seaborne:

> > Sure. But you take this a bit out of context. This was part of a mail
> were I
> > reported how two specific comments have been addressed. There was
> another
> > long mail I sent out last night explaining all the other changes I
> made and
> > a mail extracting the things that haven't been addressed yet and that
> need
> > to be further discussed.
>
> I think that email was the way to go but when you say you've gone back
> to using github and asked for comments there.  I felt that we need to
> be
> clear as to the process we are following, and not have two.
>
> Please look at this from outside:
>
> [[
> There's one feature missing from the current syntax spec, @reverse.
> I'll
> notify you when I've added that section so that you can review that
> part as
> well.
> ]]

Yes, I completely understand how this might have come across. I'm sorry
about that. I just wanted to push some things out before calling it a day. I
should have waited writing that mail till the next day when I had more time.

> Normalization - issue 1
> "The algorithm below is obsolete."
>
> does make it very hard for someone to find out what is going on and to
> put the pieces together.

Normalization is not really part of JSON-LD so that should be discussed
completely separately. The JSON-LD community group hasn't been working on
normalization for a long time... AFAICT it's mostly Digital Bazaar (Manu)
and the web payments group

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler