RE: Updated JSON-LD spec to more closely align w/ RDF data model

On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:18 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> In a certain strong sense I don't care about the actual solution, just that it
> somehow matches JSON (which appears to be rather difficult as no one seems to
> know just what JSON numbers mean, so I guess that this devolves to matching
> JSON implementations), that meets the "burst of laughter" test (which means
> that no one bursts out laughing when the solution is described to them), and
> that it covers all JSON numbers (up to a certain magnitude and/or precision,
> perhaps).

OK

> The first bit is why I was asking about implementations that support this
> particular way of interpreting JSON numbers.

Sandro just said in another mail that this is what Python does. I just checked was PHP does:

  var_dump(
    json_decode('{ "number1": 1, "number2": 1.4 }')
  );

results in

  object(stdClass)[2]
    public 'number1' => int 1
    public 'number2' => float 1.4

I guess the same is true for almost all languages that distinguish between ints and floats.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler