RE: Updated JSON-LD spec to more closely align w/ RDF data model

On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:10 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> The thrust of the technical part of my comments was to base JSON-LD on the
> concepts defined in RDF Concepts, not just to say so, so the changes in
> Appendix A don't really address this part of my comments.  Appendix A still
> normatively defines everything about JSON-LD independently from the
> definitions of RDF triples, graphs, and datasets.

It is still being normatively defined because it is not the same.

> My proposal for Appendix A is given in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2013Jun/0126.html
> I very much prefer this sort of basis to the one in the current
> editor's draft.

Instead of having some bullet points defining the data model, you propose some prose to describe the differences to RDF's data model. Those differences are already described in the spec in the section "Relationship to RDF".

I think that somewhere we need a normative data model for JSON-LD. Could you please elaborate why the list we are currently using to define it doesn't work for you given that the differences to RDF's data model are clearly described?

Thanks,
Markus

--
Markus Lanthaler