Re: New blank node scope proposal

"This effectively treats all blank nodes as having the same meaning as
existentially quantified variables in the RDF graph in which they occur,
and which have the scope of the entire graph."

and

"Merging two graphs treats the blank nodes in each graph as being
existentially quantified in that graph, so that no blank node from one
graph is allowed to stray into the scope of the other graph's
surrounding quantifier. This is appropriate when the graphs come from
different sources and there is no justification for assuming that a
blank node in one refers to the same entity as any blank node in the other."

[RDF Semantics. Section 1.5.]