Re: Operations on RDF datasets (ISSUE-111)

On 16/01/13 18:10, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> As discussed in the call today, we need to decide whether to define any operations on RDF Datasets in the RDF Concepts document.
>
> There is a wiki page that lists some possible candidate operations, along with some discussion, pointers to possible definitions, etc.:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Dataset_Operations
>
> The candidate operations listed there are:
>
> * Isomorphism

Include for testing otherwise no need.

The defn quoted in the telecon is fine but clearer if it says "there is
a single isomorphism mapping for the dataset", not a separate mapping
per graph.

(which makes it an isomorphism from one set mixing quads and triples to
another set)

> * Union
> * Merge
> * Untrusting Merge
> * Equivalence
> * Entailment
> * Equality
> * Folding/Unfolding
> * Union Dataset and Merge Dataset

No need.

(reason - we don't have time nor want to reopen the dataset semantics
discussions)