Re: Intent to close ISSUE-204

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:33:40 -0500
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
CC: 'RDF WG' <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On 01/14/2013 10:31 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> I've just updated the spec and the test suite according the
> resolution of ISSUE-204 [1]. IRIs in @id are not automatically
> converted to relative IRIs during compaction. Terms in @id are
> ignored in expansion.
>
> Unless I hear objections I will therefore proceed and close the
> issue in 24 hours.

Hey Markus,

Don't close it yet. We found an issue when implementing this that
affects any system storing JSON-LD in compact form. I'd like to discuss
a best practice when dealing with this issue... document-relative URLs
are a problem for the Web Payments work.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Problem with RDF and Nuclear Power
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/nuclear-rdf/