Re: simple literals in concrete RDF syntaxes

Hmm, reading the concept of simple literals again, I find it strange. It
seems to me that simple literals is something that exists at an abstract
level, as a simple literal can be concretely serialised in many ways,
yet the spec says that it only exists in concrete syntaxes.

in Turtle, simple literals are serialised as "blabla", while in RDF/XML,
it can be either:

<ex:prop>blabla</ex:prop>

or

<ex:Something ex:prop="blabla"/>

So, maybe it should be said that concrete syntaxes MAY write literals of
type xsd:string in a way that does not indicate the datatype.
But then it's true for any datatype, e.g., Turtle's xsd:integer:

ex:subject ex:pred 3 .

or Turtle's xsd:decimal

ex:subject ex:pred 3.1425 .

So, maybe we should not say anything about simple literals in concepts,
and let the concrete syntaxes specify what syntactic sugar they use for
literals, whatever their types.

AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann