Re: Problem with auto-generated fragment IDs for graph names

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:41:04 -0500
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
On 2/14/13 9:35 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 2/14/13 9:02 AM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>> In the old days, the party line was that one uses reification for
>> signing:
>>    _:statement1 dc:author "Bob" ;
>>                 rdf:subject :TheMoon ;
>>            rdf:predicate :madeOf ;
>>            rdf:object :greenCheese .
> I don't see a problem with the excerpt above. Like most things about
> RDF, the lost visibility induced by RDF/XML made many key concepts
> near impossible to explain and demonstrate. I remain confident that
> statement reification feature of RDF, as it currently exists, will
> soon become very useful and appreciated. With RDF you have to think
> like a wine maker, in due course things simply get better for the
> customer.
>
> A world devoid of SPARQL dominated by RDF/XML (rather than Turtle) is
> not one that many were unable to comprehend or appreciate. Times are
> changing. We sign statements in the real-world using hand written
> signatures. We can also do so in the Web realm via RDF, in its current
> form i.e., I would just add a triple to capture an RSA signature blob
> (using a data: or http: scheme URI) .

Meant to say:

An RDF world (circa. 2004) devoid of SPARQL and dominated by RDF/XML
(rather than Turtle), is not one that many first-time visitors were
*able* to comprehend or appreciate. Times have changed.

In the real-world we can sign statements and/or documents  using hand
written signatures. We can also do so in the Web realm via RDF, in its
current form, by constructing a graph that associates an RSA signature
blob (denoted using http:, data:, or even di: scheme URIs) with an RDF
triple and/or and RDF document.

--

Regards,