Re: Using bnode identifiers for predicates, graph names

On 05/02/13 19:48, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Here's more background on the problem:
>
> http://json-ld.org/minutes/2013-02-05/#topic-3

[[
Manu Sporny: the current RDF 1.1 concepts spec doesn't say that node and
graph are disjoint
]]

Section 3 of the editors working draft of RDF concepts.

"""
An RDF graph is a set of RDF triples.

An RDF triple consists of three components:

     the subject, which is an IRI or a blank node
     the predicate, which is an IRI
     the object, which is an IRI, a literal or a blank node

The set of nodes of an RDF graph is the set of subjects and objects of
triples in the graph.
"""
so "node" is not a set and a "graph" is.  Therefore disjoint.

[[
PROPOSAL: Disallow blank node identifiers for graph names.

Manu Sporny: -1 (I think if we do this, we align with the RDF data
model, which is broken - no reason to disallow blank-node-like
identifiers for graph names)
Gregg Kellogg: +1
Dave Longley: a sad -0
Markus Lanthaler: +0.5