Re: RDF 1.1 XML Syntax

Guus,

I have reviewed the draft (thanks for the diff file, it was a major help in this case to concentrate on what really counts at this step...). I have found only minor issues, listed below. Modulo handling those, I am o.k. publishing the document as a PER.

If you agree with the changes I propose on the two SVG files, I am happy to do the required changes and push them up to mercurial.

Ivan

Here are my comments:

- Introduction, second paragraph, very end, a full stop is missing.

- The figure captions all have a "(SVG Version)" note, but those are not active links. I guess the links were accidentally removed. The SVG figures should be copied and the links put back. Note, b.t.w., that the SVG files themselves (I looked at the original) have all the same stupid error that many illustrations have: they set the width and the height explicitly, which means that they do not scale (which, for a scalable vector graphic illustration is sort of funny). Instead, @viewPort should be used for all.

- I think the two notes at the top of 5.1 can be removed. They refer to a difference with the pre-2004 version, that is now moot...

- Section 8: add the fact that rdf:HTML datatype cannot be represented in RDF/XML either.

- C.1 last entry: "cater for non-normative" -> "cater for the non-normative"

- I think appendix C.2 can be removed altogether ("Revisions since Draft 10 of October 2003")

- D.1., normative references:
	- change the RDF Schema reference to the PER
	- (hopefully) TRIG and Turtle will be PR's by then
	- RDF11-MT and RDF11 concepts will have to be updated to PR

- D.2., informative references:
	- I am not sure why XPAth is informative; with its usage in the XML Literal part it may have to be normative. In any case, we use XPATH 3, ie, the reference must be updated to: http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/PR-xpath-30-20131022/

On 17 Dec 2013, at 17:19 , Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl> wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> The draft with Gavin's proposed adaptation of XMLLiteral handling (see Sec. 7.2.17) is now available at:
>
>  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-xml/index.html
>
> The diff with the 2004 version is here (also linked from the document preamble):
>
>  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-xml/diff.html
>
> It would be great if you could have a look at it before the telecon. Sorry for the short notice!
>
> Guus

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead