RE: Made rdf:HTML/XMLLiteral non-normative

On Monday, December 16, 2013 5:33 PM, Gavin Carothers wrote:
> The non normative part is the lexical to value mapping. The IRI denoting
> a HTML or XML literal is still normativish. At least I think so

Hmm... well, the l2v mapping of a datatype is probably its most important aspect. It could be said that the IRI is just used to identify this function and as such doesn't have any value without it.

Maybe Pat or Peter could tell us what consequences removing the statement would have for semantics or how they handled the change.

  Recognized IRIs have fixed referents, which MUST satisfy these conditions:

  1. If the IRI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral is
     recognized then it refers to the datatype rdf:XMLLiteral;

Cheers,
Markus

--
Markus Lanthaler