Re: Multigraphs example proposal in RDF 1.1 Primer

On 14-12-13 12:32, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> On Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:52 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:
>> Option 1 works for me. I like option 2 better but I also see that it
>> would probably get too complicated to explain in a primer.
>>
>> I would prefer to also add a slightly stronger warning to option 1,
>> something like this at the end of the paragraph:
>>
>> "Note however that RDF provides no way to convey this semantic
>> assumption to other readers of the dataset."
>
> +1, I was just about to write the same. If we stick to option 1, I would
> like to see "out-of-band knowledge" added to the sentence above or in a
> separate one to make this crystal clear (yeah, it's basically the same but
> nevertheless I think it will help people understanding this).

OK. Suggest to extend Pat's formulation as follows:

[[
Note however that RDF provides no way to convey this semantic assumption
to other readers of the dataset. Those readers will need to rely on
out-of-band knowledge to interpret the dataset in the intended way.
]]

Guus