Re: rdf:value in Primer? (re: ISSUE-27)

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 04:09:52PM +0100, Guus Schreiber wrote:
> >ISSUE-27 [1] was resolved in April 2011 as follows:
> >
> >     Resolution at Amsterdam FTF: Close ISSUE-27, not marking rdf:value as
> >     archaic, but with the understand that the modeling advice in RDF Primer
> >     will be revisited.
> >     http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/meeting/2011-04-14#resolution_3
> >
> >Inasmuch as discussion of rdf:value takes up almost two pages [2] in the
> >current primer [3], the new primer should perhaps at least acknowledge
> >rdf:value and provide a sentence or two of follow-up explanation.
> >
> >Alternatively, if space in the Primer is at a premium, perhaps a mention could
> >be squeezed into rdf-new (which should perhaps be referenced from the Primer).
>
> As we resolved to remove refs to the old Primer I copied the the
> rdf:value example into the relevant section of RDF Schema [1]. Would
> that suffice?

Yes - IMO including the example in RDF Schema does suffice.

I note, however, that removing refs to the old Primer leaves the mention of a
"2004 version" in [1] unexplained.  This could perhaps be addressed without
drawing too much attention to the superseded primer simply by adding a few
words to [1], along with a reference to Primer 1.0 [2], or at least with a
clickable link.

Tom

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-primer/index.html#changes
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-primer/index.html#informative-references